here a guide for adding Raspberry Pi camera, I2S microphone and IR distance module to Nybble.
- 1x Nybble
- 1x Raspberry Pi 3
- 1x Perfboard
- 1x Raspberry Pi NoIR camera
- 1x I2S microphone module
- 1x RGB Led + 1kΩ resistor
- 1x Infrared LED + 100Ω resistor
- 1x Light dependent resistor + 0.1μF capacitor
- 1x Infrared photo diode + 0.1μF capacitor
- If someone is interested I could make a wiring diagram.
- All wires are directly connected to Raspberry Pi GPIO's.
- You could also just start with the camera module alone, which needs no wiring at all.
This is how my perfboard looks like:
On the original parts only some cutouts are necessary:
Since there was no space left I switched from ultrasonic sensor to a custom IR based distance measurement.
The IR based approach works only for ~15cm, so I would call it more a collision detection sensor.
For my surprise the single IR led is also good enough for some cat like night vision in combination with the NoIR camera.
The audio quality of the I2C microphone is also very nice and could be used for any kind of voice recognition.
The hardware works well so far and in the upcoming days I will start the software part.
If I have something shareable I will let you know!