Free Block-based Robotics Programming Curriculum - Learn Robotics with Bittle Robot Dog
Petoi is proud to release the free Petoi quadruped robotics project-based learning (PBL) curriculum in Petoi Coding Block, a Scratch-like drag & drop coding environment. It uses Petoi's Bittle robot dog kit as the hardware platform.
Why should you choose Petoi robot pets as gifts over other toys/robots?
The robotics curriculum built for beginner coding learning
- computing and robotics introduction
- block-based programming basics
- quadruped robot servo joint control
- visually design robotics skills with Petoi skill composer
- IoT application devleopment with Petoi sensor pack(passive Infrared Reflection (PIR) sensor, touch sensor, light Intensity sensor and infrared reflection sensor)
- Robot dog skill building and sensor integration
- creative projects
Learn robotics programming easily with block-based programming
The curriculum uses Petoi Coding Blocks, a drag and drop visual programming environment, as the programming language:
- beginners and young kids with no prior coding experience can easily get started as it doesn't require any typing.
- learners can program a Bittle robot dog to come to life with logics using built-in skills such as walk, crawl to one side, trot, sit and say hi.
- Support Windows/Mac/Linux
The advantages of learning with Bittle, a lifelike robot dog
- Bittle adopts a dog-like body that's attractive to young students
- Bittle's building process and programmable movement programming encourage classroom discussions on STEM topics
- Robot dog-like bionic design encourages students to think about the relationship between humans, robotics, AI, and modern technology
- The curriculum leverages Petoi Desktop App's Skill Composer for visual robotics skill creation
- The curriculum encourages the development of new forms of robotic motions, human-robot interaction and new robot dog IoT and companion applications