Free C++ Quadruped Robotics Curriculum - Learn Robotics with OpenCat
Petoi is proud to release the free Petoi quadruped robotics project-based learning (PBL) curriculum in C++. It uses Arduino as the coding environment and Petoi's Bittle robot dog kit as the hardware platform.
Why should you choose Petoi robot pets as gifts over other toys/robots?
The curriculum built for Arduino & C++ learning
- introduction to Arduino IDE
- demonstrations of light LEDs and buzzer integration
- fundamental programming concepts and C++ syntax
- how a robot collects data, understands the environment, makes decisions, and performs tasks
- integration of functions into complex systems
- use Bittle as an example of a complex system.
The curriculum is suitable to kids and teenages in middle schools, high schools and college students.
For teachers, we also include the lesson plans and the students’ workbooks.
The advantages of learning with a lifelike robot dog
- Bittle adopts a dog-like body that's attractive to young students
- Bittle's building process and programmable movement programming encourage classroom discussions on STEM topics
- Robot dog-like bionic design encourages students to think about the relationship between humans, robotics, AI, and modern technology
- The curriculum encourages the development of new forms of robotic motions, human-robot interaction and new robot dog IoT and companion applications
Learn IoT programming with sensors
The curriculum is designed to help students learn about Bittle robotics sensing with various Arduino-compatible sensors and modules, including PIR motion, light level, ultrasonic, reflective sensors, and cameras, and explore the exciting world of sensor technology and develop their skills in programming and electronics.