Free Block-based Robotics Programming Curriculum - Learn Robotics with Petoi Robot Pets
Petoi is proud to release the free Petoi quadruped robotics project-based learning (PBL) curriculum in Petoi Coding Block, a Scratch-like drag & drop coding environment. It uses Petoi's Bittle robot dog kit as the hardware platform.
Note: Nybble robot cat can be used with the curriculum, but there's no easy way to secure any sensor on Nybble, so the sensor-related chapter may not be applicable.
Why should you choose Petoi robot pets as gifts over other toys/robots?
The robotics curriculum built for beginner coding learning
- computing and robotics introduction
- block-based programming basics
- quadruped robot servo joint control
- visually design robotics skills with Petoi skill composer
- IoT application development with Petoi sensor pack(passive Infrared Reflection (PIR) sensor, touch sensor, light Intensity sensor , and infrared reflection sensor)
- Robot dog skill building and sensor integration
- creative projects
Learn robotics programming easily with block-based programming
The curriculum uses Petoi Coding Blocks, a drag-and-drop visual programming environment, as the programming language:
- beginners and young kids with no prior coding experience can easily get started as it doesn't require any typing.
- learners can program a Bittle robot dog to come to life with logic using built-in skills such as walking, crawling to one side, trotting, sitting, and saying hi.
- Support Windows/Mac/Linux
The advantages of learning with Bittle, a lifelike robot dog
- Bittle adopts a dog-like body that's attractive to young students
- Bittle's building process and programmable movement programming encourage classroom discussions on STEM topics
- Robot dog-like bionic design encourages students to think about the relationship between humans, robotics, AI, and modern technology
- The curriculum leverages Petoi Desktop App's Skill Composer for visual robotics skill creation
- The curriculum encourages the development of new forms of robotic motions, human-robot interaction, and new robot dog IoT and companion applications
Learn IoT programming with sensors
Note that we will be adding more video tutorials for every chapter of the Petoi Coding Blocks tutorial.